L/I provides feedback on:
- Effectiveness – the leader’s performance, from an organizational and personal perspective
- The impact on others – what behaviors does the leader generate in those around him (constructive and/or defensive)
- Leadership strategies – how often the leader uses prescriptive and restrictive leadership strategies respectively in the 10 leadership domains.
How does the process work?
L/I collects information about the leader through two types of inventories:
- The L/I Self Report Inventory: The leader describes how he/she feels he/she approaches his/her responsibilities as a leader and what impact he/she would like to have on others
- The L/I Description by Others Inventory: 8 colleagues selected by the participant (subordinates, peers, direct manager) to describe his or her overall effectiveness, impact on their behavior, and leadership strategies
The inventories take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. The results obtained are presented as part of a confidential feedback report from which the leader:
- Identifies the differences between the current impact and the desired one
- Receives feedback on how he approaches his responsibilities as a leader and compares his perception to that of others
- Sees the consequences of the impact in his performance as a leader from an organizational and personal perspective
- Get recommendations for change
In order to understand the results of the report and to be able to increase his performance and long-term impact, the leader will have a debriefing session with an accredited Human Synergistics consultant.